This is a perfect manufacturing SEO guide for manufacturing companies. Learn the best actionable SEO for manufacturing companies. Leverage these SEO strategies in your online SEO & marketing campaigns for manufacturing business to attract and make more sales
The ultimate success of any online business is to get leads to your site and convert them to make then engage and buy your product or service. To achieve this, the SEO for manufacturing companies ought to be conducted strategically.
The process isn’t that hard to achieve. It involves building a strong SEO foundation, social signals, and marketing. This guide is about guiding online manufacturing companies generate potential leads through SEO and marketing.
SEO for manufacturing companies involve the following steps:
Social signals and
SEO Marketing (SEM)
We’ll focus on the first four techniques since SEM involves the first four strategies with advertising.
SEO for manufacturing companies
This technique forms the basic part of any online business. Customers come to your site with the intent to get what they want. It can be to buy your product. To know more about a certain product you offer or to seek for a solution to a problem they have.
To achieve this, your brand webmasters need to make your site visible on the first page of SERPs with the focus keyword you’re using to target your prospects.
On-site SEO for manufacturing companies involves the following techniques:
Site Design, Architecture, and Responsiveness
What’s the goal of building your online business manufacturing company? Obviously, it’s to get more coverage of your marketing plans. With that, there is no best way to achieve that without optimizing your site for user experience and search engines.
Optimizing your site for user experience mean hiring web designers to code the site with the following techniques to stick to:
- Make it responsive. Much more to mobile devices
- Make the codes search engine friendly (easy for search crawlers to analyze your site for indexation)
- Use user engaging color combinations
- Optimize menu architecture
- Use breadcrumbs for deep navigation
- Add your contact details on every page of your site. It can be phone number, email or support
- Create a dedicated blog if you’re trying to provide a guide or tips to your products or service.
- Using CMS? Make sure the Title codes of the page is wrapped with H1 tags
- Optimize landing pages with compelling content that can convert your prospects
These tips are but a few. If you’re hiring a developer, make sure it adheres to the good ethics of coding and comply with SEO code strategies.
Keyword research & analysis
Now that the site is well optimized for both user experience and search engines, it’s time to optimize it for search engine crawling, indexation and visibility. This strategy begins with keyword research.
Keywords form the basic necessity for every site that strives to be indexed and visible in SERPs.
As a business, you must understand the keywords you’re targeting to get more leads to your site. This also depends on the type of page you’re promoting or the type of product or service you’re targeting to get more traffic.
User keywords intent should be taken seriously. Understand their intent and what exactly they want when keying their terms in search engines.
Competition is something not strange in today’s online business. What strategies are you going to apply in order to top them in search engines?
When performing keyword analysis for your manufacturing company, use keyword planner tools (like Moz Explorer, Google Keyword Planner, Google AdWords, Ahrefs Keywords Explorer, WordStream Keyword Tool etc.) to analyze your site as well as your competitor site to get the best strategy, secrets and tips on how you can select appropriate keywords for lead generation as you promised you learn the SEO for manufacturing companies.
Here are the best keywords research tips for your manufacturing company niche you can use to target your prospects as you dive into actionable SEO for manufacturing companies.
- Do keyword analysis related to your area of expertise as a manufacturing company
- Measure your target keywords phrases to see what your target clients are searching for in search engines (user intent).
- Analyze key terms with high search volume but moderate competition.
- Find low competition keywords that can be targeted based on manufacturing niche.
- Perform keyword competitor analysis. Find those valuable keywords they are using to rank higher their service and tweak the same with keyword SEO strategies.
Content depicts how far you can progress with your manufacturing business. It is well known that content carries all the tools you’ll need to optimize your business for big ROI. Great content favors consumers. Optimized content finds its way on top of search engines. It also acts as lead magnets where it attracts your customers with high degree.
Here are some good examples of fishing potential customers. It includes providing free:
- Training video series
- A set of bonus tips
- Free trial
- An interview with an expert on a relevant manufacturing or industrial topic and more.
Moreover, site content and blog posts should be unique, helpful and in-depth. Make it appealing to customers as well as search engines. Include illustrative images, videos, and infographics. These visual representations boost search visibility, user engagement, and conversion rate.
How to use keywords in content?
- Content plays a major role in search engines and generating leads and conversions. Create unique, high-quality and informative content tailored to your customers/visitor’s needs as well as industry niche.
- Use keywords within your content, headings, title, Meta tag, alt tag (for images), and URLs. Avoid keyword stuffing which may affect your site relationship with google crawlers.
- Include images, infographics, video and other resourceful content worth your reader’s attention and conversion.
Make use of Schema.org
This is another tool used to improve the SEO for manufacturing companies strategies.
Schema makeup increases you domain search engine visibility in SERPs if done effectively. It takes different forms in search engines depending on user search query. In most cases, it can show up as text snippets such as reviews or as video thumbnails, breadcrumbs or site links.
Here is a short summary of what it entails:
- Phone Numbers
- Company name Names
- Company Biographies
The benefit of the schema is that it helps increase click-through rates on search results.
Social media presence
Nearly all industry-leading businesses leverage the power of social media signals to drive traffic and boost their SEO strategies. According to an online research by MyCase, statistics show that:
- 73% of lawyers have a personal presence on LinkedIn,
- And 23% use Twitter for professional purposes.
- 27% use Facebook for professional purposes
To effectively leverage Social media lead generation and SEO for manufacturing companies, these are some of the tips manufacturing companies can add to their social profiles;
- upload a professional company photo/logo
- Add a consistent company name to align with your online site
- include an informative description of your manufacturing company “about” and include your site focus keywords
- Include your business contact information and any other necessary information.
Most manufacturing companies, use social media to promote their online industry by;
- Promoting their industry niche blog by sharing their blog tips and content through to attract more leads.
- Leverage the power of hashtags to share and promote content and attract targeted potential customers.
- Create unique relationship/connection with other credible thought leaders in their industrial area of expertise
- Use social media to advertise and create awareness of their manufacturing business. Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn work best for this strategy.
Optimize LinkedIn presence
Other than Facebook and Twitter, LinkedIn provides more value to manufacturers. It has over 300 million monthly active users.
Linkedin is a network of professionals and suitable for B2B companies to build a strong online presence. It’s a great platform to research technologies and services to purchase.
Make your LinkedIn profile active by sharing useful content while positioning yourself (as a company) as an industry thought leader.
Manufacturing industry directories
There are a lot of directories available online. Some are general directories fitting any business while others are specific to certain niches.
While searching for the best directory to submit your online manufacturing industry niche, make sure you provide consistent business name, address and phone number (NAP listing).
This is best suitable for only industrial businesses.
Google My Business
This is a free tool that gives you an opportunity to manage your manufacturing company for local business appearance across Google products.
Google My business has some great advantages like:
- Keeping and maintaining accurate information about your manufacturing business.
- Interact with your customers while attracting new ones
- Customers find you easily
- Help boost your search engine visibility. In most cases on top of organic search results
- GMB reviews help customers make a quick judgment about your business customer satisfaction and more
- Pictures show what’s unique in your industry
Winding up this guide on SEO for manufacturing companies, here are a few more things you can consider helpful to boost your company’s sales.
- Do email marketing
- Perform advertising on Google with AdWords and social media including LinkedIn.
- Perform online trading for your manufacturing industry
The above lead generation strategies for manufacturers are tailored to drive traffic and increase sales through your online site. I’m sure there are great other techniques like marketing (SEM) and advertising that I didn’t cover much in this article. Nonetheless, leveraging the above strategies increases your online search engine visibility as well as creating awareness of the service your manufacturing business does.